Working to build a
healthy community for our neighbors.
The key to a healthy, vibrant community is a focus on ensuring everyone has access to healthcare resources and education. From mental health resources to transportation to and from doctor appointments, members of the community are better able to take charge of their overall health through the generous support offered to programs throughout Southeast New Mexico. Through these programs, the United Way of Lea County is actively building a healthier, happier community.
United Way of Lea County works with more than 40 area organizations that aim to support the residents of Southeast New Mexico with the goal of helping them get and stay healthy, access area health care facilities, and provide resources for ongoing education.
Areas of Focus
Whether it’s someone without health insurance, a victim of abuse, or someone struggling with mental illness or addiction, the United Way of Lea County is focused on providing members of the community with access to affordable and quality care.
- Teen Mental Health Advocacy
- Mental Health Resources
- Help with Addiction
- Resources for Victims of Abuse
- Access to Crucial Medical Appointments or Care
- Funding to Provide Nutrition and Food for Families in Need
Funding from the United Way of Lea County helps in the following ways:
- Support for Lea County youth in accessing mental health resources.
- Funding for Light of Lea County to provide monetary assistance to cancer patients to get them to the treatments they need to stay alive.
- Community crisis funding to help people buy groceries to keep their families fed during times of need.
- Support for community soup kitchens and food pantries to provide much-needed sustenance for area families.
- Access to healthcare resources, such as mental health services, to support individuals on an ongoing basis.