Providing financial security
and resources across demographics.
Members of our community face a number of challenges related to financial security, including the inability to earn enough money to meet the basic needs for themselves and their families. For families struggling to make ends meet and unable to save for college, a home, or retirement, United Way of Lea County provides ongoing support and resources for these individuals that aims to support their ongoing financial stability regardless of circumstances.
Through the Financial Stability Partnership, United Way of Lea County promotes community change strategies to help families meet their basic needs while gaining the financial capability to plan for – and meet – their long-term financial goals.
Areas of Focus
Our partner organizations are committed to providing the community with financial resources that put members of the community in direct contact with the right people and agencies aimed at helping them meet their basic needs, including:
- Family-sustaining Employment
- Affordable Housing
- Manageable Expenses
- Income Support
Funding from the United Way of Lea County helps in the following ways:
- Community crisis funding to help people buy groceries to keep their families fed during times of need.
- Support for community soup kitchens and food pantries to provide much-needed sustenance for area families.
- Yearly fan and heater drive that provides more than 300 sources for heating/cooling each year.
- Funding for the Lea County Strong Fund, a financial recovery initiative in response to the financial challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.